Are you interested in working as an apprenticeship instructor? Kerry College is now recruiting qualified electricians for its Electrical Instructor Cover Panel.
The Electrical Instructor Cover Panel instructs Learners/Apprentices in all aspects of the prescribed syllabus to the highest standard and in accordance with Quality Assurance systems.
Electrical Instructor Cover Panel at Kerry College Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct Learners/Apprentices in all aspects of the course i.e. practical skills, personal skills, scientific skills and all related knowledge to the prescribed standard and in accordance with the relevant syllabus.
- Prepare lesson plans, course notes, overheads and handouts as appropriate.
- Schedule, conduct, correct and mark assessments/tests in accordance with the relevant assessment programme and carry out associated administrative tasks.
- Provide appropriate additional instruction and schedule, conduct, correct and mark repeat assessments programme and carry out administrative tasks.
- Maintain prescribed course records.
- Supervise Learners/Apprentices and ensure that correct methods, quality standards and safety procedures are observed.
- Supervise Learners/Apprentices in respect of their timekeeping, attendance, behaviour and application.
- Prepare and issue progress reports to the employer in respect of each Apprentice where applicable.
- Ensure adequate security of equipment and materials located in the area.
- Ensure that equipment and materials are maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommended maintenance schedule.
- Plan and ensure the timely delivery of all course materials and non-capital equipment.
- Raise Request for Purchase for the supply of course material and non-capital equipment.
- Ensure that course materials are used in an economical and cost effective manner.
- Use new technology, as appropriate, to assist in delivering and administering learning.
- Any other duties, which may be specified from time to time.