The University of Limerick has a vacancy for a Post Doctoral Researcher in Analytical Process Engineering.
LOCATION: University of Limerick
REPORTS TO: Project Leader
CONTRACT TYPE: Specific Purpose
SALARY SCALE: €37,874 – €49,048 p.a. pro rata
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 27th July 2020, 12 noon, Irish Standard Time
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Your employment with the University of Limerick shall be for the purpose of supporting the Enterprise Research Centre (ERC) as a Post Doctoral Researcher in Analytical Process Engineering. This will involve conducting ERC research analysis and identify appropriate methodologies and testing as part of our industry team, working to best practice in university/industry collaborations, disseminating research to industry partners. Additionally, you will develop internal and external contacts with researchers in related areas, actively participate as a member of the research team, attending and contributing to relevant meetings/conferences. You will also be expected to be undertaking research individually and/or collectively and to be advancing the state of knowledge and understanding within your particular area of expertise and further assess your research findings for the need/scope for future investigations and commercial exploitation.
- A doctoral degree (level 10 NFQ) in manufacturing/industrial/quality engineering systems.
- BSc (2:1 or higher) in science or engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the participation of collaborative research projects between academia and industry in a relevant area.
- Industrial experience in a quality role.
- Experience in the configuration, operation and reporting of a risk/quality assessment tool.
- Experience of participation in National/European Standards Bodies.
- Experience in using statistical problem solving techniques such as six-sigma methodology and experimental design for optimising manufacturing processes and product performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive experience in disseminating research results, through reporting, to industry partners.
- Evidence of establishing and maintaining relationships with research partners and industrial clients.
- Significant potential for further personal and professional development.
- Interest in publication of research in journals and other relevant research dissemination channels.
- Effective communication skills, excellent verbal and written English, with the ability to communicate to various audiences as appropriate.
- Experience of laboratory IT systems.
- Experience in data visualisation & reporting.
- Proven track record in the technology transfer of academia based research into industry.
Please include the following information in your application:
- Full title of PhD thesis.
- Full list of publications including weblinks to publications.
Please click Apply for full job description and application instructions.
Construction Jobs Expo is the new jobs and recruitment event for the construction and engineering sectors. Our next event will take place in Citywest Convention Centre on Saturday 10th October, 2020. This unique, one-day event will focus on connecting skilled talent with employers seeking to fill key job vacancies. Nowhere will you find the key players – employers at home and abroad and skilled, keen professionals – under one roof.