Engineers and engineering organisations are encouraged to celebrate their achievements and submit an entry to the 2018 Engineers Ireland Excellence Awards, held in association with ESB. Now in its ninth year, the Engineers Ireland Excellence Awards are presented annually in recognition of the achievements of engineers who have demonstrated exceptional engineering skills through their work.
As well as identifying leaders within the engineering industry, the awards provide an opportunity to showcase and celebrate the invaluable contribution the engineering profession makes to society and applaud the innovation and quality of work produced by engineers both at home and abroad.
Engineers Ireland: Award Categories
• Engineering Project of the Year, sponsored by Transport Infrastructure Ireland
• Geoscience Ireland Award, sponsored by Geoscience Ireland
• Local Authority Engineering Initiative Award
• Technical Innovation of the Year Award
• Heritage and Conservation Award
• International Engineer of the Year Award, sponsored by ESB International
Each Regional branch, Engineering division and Society committee of Engineers Ireland is also encouraged to nominate its best presentation for the 2017 – 2018 season in the Best Presentation Award category, co-sponsored by Griffiths & Armour and Beale & Company. The Best Presentation Award recognises individuals who have contributed to the engineering profession by delivering outstanding technical presentations to our members.
A number of additional category awards will be presented at the Excellence Awards ceremony on Friday, 9 November.
• ESB Outstanding Contribution to Engineering Award
• Innovative Student Engineer of the Year Award, sponsored by Siemens
• Chartered Engineer of the Year Award, sponsored by Arup
• CPD Employer of the Year Award
• President’s Award
Get your applications together as the closing date for entries is Monday, 10 September at 2 pm.
Looking to change roles, upskill or want to find a job you love? Register now for our free Construction Jobs Expo event on 29th September.