The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) is launching its careers campaign, aimed at attracting young people into the industry. CIF Schools Challenge 2021/22 Building the Future is a ready-made platform for to engage with schools and show second level students how rewarding a career in construction can be.
The Construction Industry Federation (CIF), in partnership with Sherry Fitzgerald, are challenging teams, to design a residential development (a development of houses or apartments – you decide), in an urban setting or rural setting that meets the following design criteria:
- Has a positive impact on the environment.
- Considers climate change by minimising greenhouse gas emissions.
- Enhances your locality / community
- Provides a healthy environment for its occupants.
Can you rise to the challenge and design a development in your community that meets this brief?
CIF Schools Challenge 2021/22 Building the Future
The competition will run until March 1st 2022 with judging taking place until mid-March.
- The winning team will present their designs at the Ireland Skills Live Event in the RDS. In addition, they will receive a day’s “Construction Experience” provided by Technical University Dublin and a TOPCON Complete construction package to include most up to date laser equipment and ½ day instruction, as well as a prize for each of team members.
- The second team selected will also present their design at Ireland Skills Live Event in RDS in March 2022 and a TOPCON Construction package to include the latest equipment plus a half day’s instruction with individual prizes for each team member.
- The third team selected will also present their design at Ireland Skills Live Event in RDS in March 2022 and receive TOPCON measuring equipment, along a prize for each team member.
All entries and team members will receive a certificate of merit in recognition of their work.
Full details here
REGISTER / for Construction Jobs Expo. Meet leading employers in the construction and engineering sectors with job and career opportunities.